Friday, May 1, 2009

popular demand

Photobucket

+

Photobucket
=
Popular demand

The top two images I had taken on a lovely early morning in Rosslare Strand, Co. Wexford last March. Quite pleased with myself I was! The second image above was the first time that I used the polariser to lose the reflection on the water to see the home-made slipway in all its glory. I posted both of these on our Camera Club forum and the feedback was positive...but the calls were "I'd like to see the old rustbucket in next to the slipway".
So an hour of my life later and PS combined with a Trust graphics tablet I played God and moved the boat from one area 250 yards from whence it came to where you see it in the last image. Nothing special about the move other than a lot of fine detailed masking to remove the old background from the boat and place it in over the original green boat.
Sadly the response by one was "I'd like to see a green boat next to the slip". There ain't no pleasing some...

1 comment:

mjohn5 said...

you have a serious skill. "one hour later", you say?! very nice, i'd love to only take an hour on something so splendid.