Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yeee Haaaw!


I don't normally do colour street stuff but this was just perfect for the job. St Patricks day, 2009 on the streets of Wexford, Ireland. The reason I'm processing this one is because of a new sharpening technique that I picked up from Ciaran Whyte. It's called Octave sharpening where you copy the image 4 times as layers and change them to luminosity. You sharpen the first image to 500%, 0.5 radius and leave opacity of the layer at 100%, The second is 500%, 1 radius and 50% opacity of the layer. The third is 500%, 2 radius and 25% radius and the last being 500%, 4 radius and 12% opacity of the layer. The threshold in all of these layers sharpening is zero. You will have to play with the opacity and strength of these so I would suggest creating smart objects of each layer first. Then ultimately make an action from it as it does take a little time.
The size of the image here doesn't give the full extent of the technique but if you go to my site you'll see a bigger version and of course the original version. If you want any other information contact me.

No comments: