Friday, June 12, 2009

On the harbour wall

Kilmore Quay, Wexford Ireland. I had a need to use a polarizer on my lens earlier in the day when I took these shots. It was the first time and I liked what it did to images. So armed with this and the Sigma 10-20mm & the Sigma 24-70mm lenses I went to Kilmore Quay seeing as it was a fine morning.
The clouds were of a peculiar shape and looked like they were eminating from the Saltee Islands. It's not often that you get a quiet harbour either so I took full advantage with the image above.
There wasn't mich processing work to be done on this image but what was done can be seen on my site. I cloned out a couple of cars, leveled the image, added a little contrast and a strip of yellow colour overlay along the pier to give it a boost. Then I ran the Octave Sharpening that I keep harking on about. I masked out the boats so that they didn't look soo gaudy, and so it was.

No comments: